August 25, 2010

RIP RUBY.

let me sum of the last few days/hours of my life: whoa.




Yesterday, I called my mom after our meeting to inform her of some great news...this is how our conversation went. ME: Hey mom guess what? I got captain! MOM: Um I have some bad news Kate that I was going to wait to tell you but I can't... Ruby passed away this morning.. I'm really sorry KK.

so...I know that Ruby is just a dog but I got so upset.. I was walking to Rachel's (my cousin who is an IC freshman now) room and pretty much just crumbled down on the closest curb and cried. I called marc to tell him and I just got more upset. It was completely out of the blue, well for the most part. For the past couple of months she has been dealing with digestive issues and for the past few days she hasn't had a hard bowl movement and was just really struggling in general. Apparently on Monday she couldn't move half of her body and mom had to carry her everywhere. Dad said that she had been acting funny Monday night and when they woke up on Tuesday she had already died. I'm really just hoping that she closed her eyes to go to bed and just never woke up... I really hope that's what happened at least. Dad said that she had been digging in the garden and that maybe she knew that she was going to die soon. It really hasn't hit me, but I don't think that it will until I go home and don't see her or any of her stuff laying around the house. It is going to be so weird, and everyone else in my family will be used to it and I will just be walking into it. I know that everyone dies and I'm really trying to be ok with it, I am just sad. Enough already, I need to stop talking about it because it just makes me sad. 

Ruby was a great dog, even though she chased too many squirrels, freaked out about George, cleared out several rooms with her farts and hogged the entire bed.  I'll miss you stinky.  I hope I see you again some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment