December 12, 2010

turning 22.

happy birthday to me!
Today, I turned 22.  My parents came up yesterday and spent a few hours with me.  We walked down to the commons for the 1st annual chowder festival and watched the beginning of a 3 hour ice sculpture competition.  It was pretty neat to see all of the simple yet ingenious ways to create an ice sculpture.   We headed back to my apartment, I opened one of my gifts (it wasn't technically my birthday so I didn't want to open them all) and I got a beautiful vera bradley backpack.  I LOVE it.  And it was perfect timing because my backpack literally broke on friday as I was walking back home.  

We headed to Lehigh Hotel, or whatever its called for dinner.  TOTAL BUST.  Mom dad and I literally walked in, turned around and walked out.  Then decided to go to Joe's Restaurant because Dad had never been there.  Had a great dinner, great conversation and an overall great day before my birthday with my parents.  Came home and watched Santa Clause 1, 2 AND 3 with Meg and Mel and was in bed by midnight...quite a different experience from my last birthday and I was totally okay with it.

Allowed myself to sleep in today, it is after-all my birthday!  Woke up around noon, opened my gifts (vera bradley backpack, winter boots, 3 skirts, a pair of nice winterish shorts, 2 tops, pandora bracelet and beautiful earrings) then made myself a big birthday breakfast! Eggs, sausage and hash browns.  Yum.  I've spent the entire day relaxing, and pretty soon I'm headed out with a bunch of my girl friends for a nice birthday dinner.

The next few days bring finals, work, studying, paper writing, working out and home by Thursday afternoon :-)  bring it on!
look I got a kitty for my birthday!  (NOT)


Past.  age 7 maybe?
present. age 22


No comments:

Post a Comment