March 28, 2011

Slaying bitches.

(that was for you annie.)

Okay.. so I have been virtually invisible on my blog since my vacation to florida, which was fantastic by the way.  Here's a little update on my life for the past 3 months...

FLORIDA = AMAZING!! We spent everyday going to a barely populated beach.  It was typically us laying out, the locals surfing, and a few others walking around on a garbage-less and seaweed-less beach.  It could not have been more relaxing.  If we didn't head to the beach we stayed at my grandma's house and laid next to the pool.  I would wake up, go for a run or a swim, take a shower, Key Meg and Cat would start to wake up and we would have breakfast out in the sun room, pack a cooler full of lunches and snacks, head to the beach for the day, head back for a home cooked dinner (made by yours truly and my grandma!) , and have drinks and watch a movie in the screened in porch.  Honestly, I'm pretty much over the whole go get plastered every weekend and be a mess the next day so this vacation was perfect.  As most of you know I'm typically a one drink girl and I'm a little silly so it was great.  Between the beach, sun and drinks we were all feeling great by the end of the night for our movie!

Highlights of my spring break: hanging out with my grams and bill, my new hat from the flea market, new found love for Oats Revolution oatmeal (YUMM Cinnamon Roll), fantastic weather, boogie boarding, airboat ride, meeting Larry (the Gopher Tortoise) and absolutely NO school work for the week.
Dinner with Grams <3 
Cat, Meg, Myself, Key @ dinner
Airboat ride!!!  A florida family tradition.
ED TECH DAY: what a great event!  I had so much fun planning this day, and when it came down to it not only was the event great but the coordination team dinner afterwards was a story of its own.  Get a bunch of geeks together on 3 hours of sleep and 21 hours of work in the past 36 hours and give them all a drink and boy do they let loose!  My typically straight laced coordination team turned into giggly school girls at dinner.   Below is a picture of about half of the venue during the early morning hours, it was so packed you could barely move around it there.
SUCCESS.

RELAY FOR LIFE: This year we broke away from Cornell and had our own RFL here on Ithaca's Campus.  It ended up being a great venue and had a great turnout all things considering.  There were ‎881 Participants, 99 teams and $73,381 was raised.  I was there from 6-10 ish and walked just about the entire time.  I met up with Annie and Meg and walked the night away.  I was still feeling loopy from only getting 45 min of sleep between wednesday and thursday so I didn't even make it close to staying the entire time.  

COMING UP THIS WEEK: dun dun dun... NCUR (National Conference on Undergrad Research) will be held on Ithaca Campus.  AKA madness.  It is expected that some 6,000 people will be visiting between Wednesday and Saturday.  EEK!!  All classes are cancelled on Thursday and Friday and students are expected to stay out of the way essentially.  I, on the other hand have decided to volunteer at this event.  Crazy right?  I don't know why I'm doing this.  On thursday and friday, on top of work, school work and trying to make an appearance and the girls lax game I will be volunteering.  I am in charge of sign-age around campus so my duty will be to continually walk around campus making sure all signs are visible, in good shape, correct and updated.  At least I'll be walking around all Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and not sitting on my bum!

Alright.  That's all I have for now folks, have to get studying and doing homework!  Sorry about the delay in update.  I promise I will start to update more!  Just had to get this dreaded massive update out of the way...

1 comment: