February 22, 2010

just dance, it'll be ok


I've been out of the states for two reasons.  1. when I went to Mexico when I was in high school (this was mainly by default, thanks to my sister ;-) ) and 2. to go to Canada, but that really shouldn't count (i've been to Canada countless times, I'm from Buffalo what do you expect?).  Don't get me wrong, I've been to lots of different places in the states Florida, California, Maine, Michigan, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Nevada and have loved every minute of it but I want more.  I'm annoyed with having all of these great ideas of places to travel to and not being able to.  I feel stuck, almost helpless and it drives me crazy.  i want to go places and do different things.  I want to experience everything that I can while I'm young and not tied down to a job or a apartment/house or anything. 

I'm tired of restrictions, I'm annoyed with being told no.  I'm anxious for what lies before me, I am so thankful for what I've been able to do but I just can't shake this feeling - it's like I'm trapped.  I want to make my own adventures.


3 comments:

  1. i can relate. ask Ed how many times a day i talk about europe. i've been to several places but the more you travel the more you want to see! i've been to italy, amersterdam, germany and all over carribean but i'm not satisfied. i want to move to europe so badly to be fully immersed and then when you get there its so easy to do weekend trips to other countries rather than just states! i think that sounds so amazing. i agree... now is the time to do it seeing as though you don't have anything tying you here or complicating it [house, kids etc]. but yeah my job limits me a lot... i want to try to find something in europe that can be temporary for 2-3 years. you in? you can live with me and eddie haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok a few things.

    a. I am SOO excited that someone finally posted a comment, you are my first and I am just ecstatic! so, yay thanks!

    b. I am totally there with you as far as traveling. I have no idea what has brought up these feelings but I am just dying to get out. Anywhere. I hope things work out that you and Ed go to Europe so Marc and I have a reason to visit!!

    c. hope everything is well... post some more pictures of Otto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I am so down whenever/where ever you want to travel. I want to go so many places but I never have a travel buddy that will actually be like ok lets do this.

    anyway, I miss you. hopefully I'll see you soon (:

    ReplyDelete