February 27, 2010

this one is for you mom!

So we've been hit with a solid two days of snow.. I've been trying to explain it to my mom and words just don't do it justice... here are some pictures that I thought might help show what I mean..


This is the entry way to a terrace building.  I just want to add that this is what Ithaca College expects us to walk around it.  The entire campus was like this for hours.  I'm not saying that they didn't do a good job cleaning everything off, it was just too much snow to clean in an hour.  We got a text in the morning from the school saying school was delayed and would be opening at 10 am.  This picture was well into the afternoon, you do the math.


 
parking lot


the amount of snow we got the first NIGHT alone...more came throughout the day



snow banks in my apartment building parking lot



this is Ithaca College's idea of plowing the parking lots.. have fun digging those cars out!

2 comments: