February 25, 2010

winter wonderland

the snow is back! I swear the weather hasn't been able to make up its mind for the past month and finally has stuck with something.  Unlike the world around me, I thoroughly enjoy the snow.  However with this snow comes messy roads, angry students and wet pants.. but if people were to slow down and take a look around they'd see beautiful scenarios like i do.  Here are a few I took around campus (disregard the quality, they are taken with my phone -- once it stops snowing I'll be out there with my Xsi!)



To my fellow off campus students - I feel your pain -- 2 to 3 inches of snowfall per hour does make cleaning the roads a bit difficult.  This is 96, a road that usually has a total of 4 lanes.  On my way to sign language tonight, there was barely one lane dry enough not to slip all over.  (disclaimer... there was not another person on the road near me and I was completely stopped (yes at a green light but that's besides the point) when I took this snapshot -- I promise I was careful mom!)  :-)






 This is my favorite picture of the day.  I was cleaning off my car at school and noticed the bright red berries, I took a closer look and whipped out my camera.  The simple things in life make me so happy -- like this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment