February 1, 2011

where do I even begin?

Well I know that it has truely been way too long since I have posted something, and to be honest I've been thinking about posting something for a while but just haven't made the time to do it..until today, when a old friend from highschool had mentioned that she was starting a blog. It wasn't until then that I remembered how much I used to enjoy post photos and little bits and pieces throughout the day. I guess today is the perfect night to get back into it. Seeing as though by the sounds of it...I may be snowed into my apartment for a few hours. (see photo below)
see you soon snow :-)
I guess the perfect place to start is with a recap of my last official winter break EVER!! I didn't do a single lick of school work or actual work the entire 5 weeks I was off. I met up with some great friends I haven't seen pretty much since highschool, cleaned every closet in my ENTIRE house, spent lots of quality time with marco, ran errands for my family, went skiing and snowboarding for the first time ever, worked out everyday (starting in January) and just enjoyed myself...except for those few moments where I was pulling my hair out from pure boredom.

Here are a few random pictures from my 5 week vacation...
Nathan, Erin, Steven.  Getting SO big.
my girlies, Lou and Baby.
new years with scummer!
snowboarding excursion with brit, maxi and marco.
one of a handful nights @ brennans.
brit x 2, katie x 2.  missed the other half of that equation...too bad it took until senior year to reconnect.
my cousin's sweet tat for my pa.
annual decoration contest.  Kree - gingerbread, myself - snowman, Marc- reindeer.  Marc won...again.

Since I've been back at Ithaca I've realized how close I really am to being done with my college experience. I am so excited, nervous, anxious and every other emotion you can name...that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. I know in the end what is meant to be is meant to be but it's getting to that point that intimidates me. There is so much uncertainty in my near future. I just have to remind myself to take it one day at a time. Also, I have the best support system any girl could ask for. I have great friends ranging from nursery school days to friends from college. My entire family has backed me up in everything that I have ever done and I honestly don't know where I would be if it wasn't for them. I know these next few months I can count on them.


These next few months are going to be intense! I am helping plan an event for Ithaca College called "Ed Tech Day".. below is a little snippet of what Ed Tech Day is.

Educational Technology Day is a regional technology event that attracts over 1,600 people annually from the upstate New York region. It features local and national vendors such as Adobe, Apple, Dell, Epson, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft and many others.
I am also taking a senior capstone class where myself and a handful of my classmates are completely rebranding/marketing/putting on a special event party for a local full service catering company. I'm mostly excited about this project because I've been asked to use my 'photography skills' for the company benefit! Our team is in charge of redoing their website, creating promotional pamphlets/flyers/business cards/brochures/post cards everything! The dinner is scheduled to be held on March 9th so there is so much to be done before then! I'm incredibly excited but also nervous. I've done my fair share of marketing plans for mock companies/real companies and case studies, but I've never been held responsible to actually follow through with these plans. It's all up to us. Wish me luck that everything runs smoothly! http://serendipitycatering.biz/ check it out now and take a peak in may to see the differences we are able to implement! :-)

My workout routine has been nuts. I've been doing a program called Insanity, and it is..INSANE. I started this program while I was at home and only discovered this program because of a friend who had similar complaints of not enough cardio in p90x (the program I had originally started). I am currently in the beginning of week 4 and I can already tell a difference in my body and I'm LOVING it. 5 more weeks to go!! Maybe if my results are good enough I will post before (AHHH scary) and after photos.

Back to Ithaca = back at it with my girls. Hit the slopes this past weekend, the bars the weekend before. We only have a few weekends left, we have to leave our mark!
LOVE my girls.
typical.  ladies love my bootay!
ICFH hits the slopes.
friends since freshman year. love you key.
backkkk att ittt!!! 

well, this was a great way to delay my homework..and snowday tomorrow or not I still have a ton to do.  More to be posted soon!
My best.

No comments:

Post a Comment