March 22, 2010

and you've got yourself a gator

On our way over to Melbourne, we stopped at Camp Holly for a gator ride.  I remember going on these rides with my family over ten years ago, but it was nothing like I thought it was going to be.  The place has really changed, and for the better.  When I was a kid, the people who were in charge had no teeth and a huge beer gut.  Since then, the owners changed and boy was this place different.  This time around the place was so much nicer, the boats were new, the prices were reasonable, our driver had teeth, but the people behind the counter didn't.  Pretty much an upgrade.  15 minutes after we pulled in, we were on a boat ready for take off.
Gators were everywhere.  Literally all over the place, we probably saw 20 or 30 in the 35-40 minutes we were on the ride.  We saw about 10-15 up close, close enough to see their eyes.  It was so cool! As a nature person, I was in my glory.
The coolest things about air-boats are their ability to go on 30 feet of water, half an inch of water, and dry strips of land.

No comments:

Post a Comment