May 7, 2011

Gluten Free

The past couple of weeks I have had a pretty consistent stomach ache.  Not like I want to throw up...more like my body was completely cramping up and something wasdefinitely wrong.  Which is weird, because I have a fairly resistant stomach.

After doing some research and taking a closer look at my diet and trigger foods (some foods make me feel so ill I have to lay down to handle the pain) my mom and I decided to do a little trial and error with what I'm eating.

The first culprit? Gluten.  Starting today I am avoiding gluten and wheat products.  I've attacked my pantry and set aside everything that contained those two ingredients.  (I had NO idea how many foods have gluten in them :-(  pretty much all of my favorites...especially my granola!!! ahhhh)  Hopefully the next couple of days I will see some relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment