May 20, 2011

Grab somebody sexy tell 'em hey.

Last night was the senior semi formal and it was, like everything else this week, an absolute blast.  The theme was fire and ice and decorated accordingly.  I had a bunch of my friends come over to my apartment and we all got ready together.  It totally felt like prom all over again, which is funny because it's that time of the year and prom photos have been popping up all over the place on facebook. Like prom, it was so nice to see everyone dressed up.  I don't know what it was about last night or what made it so special but it was great to see everyone dressed in their best.  Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing everyone in sweats or in grummy clothes but everyone looked stunning.  

This morning I slept in until 10, headed up to campus for brunch and did a little shopping at target.  My sister headed into town around 5 and I picked her up from Enterprise and then we headed for a walk to the falls behind the high school.  It was nice to be walking around Ithaca with my sister, showing her the places I run, my favorite houses, the places I go to eat, where I like to shop.  Everything. In my typical senior week style she suggested we go someplace to eat that neither of us have been so we picked a place from my bucket list and headed there for dinner.

THe lucky restaurant: Uncle Joe's Sports Bar and Grill.  Looking back, it makes me so sad that it took until my senior year and last week here to do all of these different things.  I realized that I don't have the opportunity to say 'oh I'll do that later'.  Nope, I either do it now, or miss out on the opportunity.  I know that I'll be back again, to watch games, alumni weekend, etc. but it won't be the same.  I'll come back with whoever and have one meal and head back and that will be that. 

After a great dinner, we walked to meet my roommates Mel and Meg and we drove to College Town to get FroYo at Jason's.  Again, this was a first for me and it's probably a good thing.  IT WAS DELICIOUS.  I am still absolutely stuffed from it and it's been like 4 hours since we had dinner and dessert.  After dessert we came back to our apartment, watched Private Practice and now we're topping off the night with 500 Days of Summer.  Like the first time I attempted to watch the movie, I will probably go to bed before the movie is finished.  One day I will watch the entire thing.  One day.

Tomorrow brings crossing out a few more final things on my bucket list, a picnic @ stewart park with family and LOTS of friends and then maybe some fireworks on campus and one final night out on the town.  Gotta get ready for the big day on sunday ;-)  If I don't post tomorrow or sunday it's because I'm busy.  I know, I know.  I was just getting into the swing of things but I promise I will be back at it in a few days.
Elise, Meg, Mel, Myself, Mar, Key and Laura.  Getting ready at my apartment.
Maley, Abby, Key, Myself, Mel, Meg and Ashley... @ the dance.
Chad and I matched quite well so we decided to take that opportunity
 for a cliche 'prom pose picture'  I think we look quite nice!
Michael Chadley Dexter DeLuca ladies and gentlemen.
Show.stopper.
quick picture of my hairdo, simple and elegant.  (I think!)
found this little gem @ target.  love this concept... might have to buy myself one of these post
graduation for a little inspiration to save money to put towards something special.
Also loved this wall piece.  Again, might have to buy myself this post graduation.
Kree posing at a place I hope to take pictures at (what do you think mom? - it's close to my
apartment and I think it would be a great little backdrop for a change of scenery).
Kree liked this garden so I took a picture.  No other explanation, sorry!
Finally made it to the falls!
Eat @ Uncle Joe's
We watched a guy making bong pipes for a while... 
FroYo from Jasons... bad/great idea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment