May 18, 2011

Oh you fancy huh?

Yesterday was quite the day.  I got up in the morning and attempted an 8 mile run, but after I got lost I just wasn't feeling it.  It was raining during the entire run, but for whatever reason it was one of those runs where the rain was perfect.  At one point I stopped at a waterfall and just let the rain soak me and I enjoyed the minute of absolute quiet.  In my opinion, the rain made it that much better, I just felt so alive.

After showering quick I headed to Waffle Frolic with Key and Jess, who just got back from studying abroad in Germany.  It was so nice to see her and go to breakfast, which was FANTASTIC.  We spent a little over an hour there just catching up and enjoying our meals.  Again, they were SO good.  I would go back 100 times more if I had the time and had an unlimited income.

Yet again, it rained here so our original plans to go on a booze cruise were crushed because none of us wanted to endure wind, rain and the cold in the middle of the lake so Meg, Key, Cat, Elise, Jess and I headed to the mall to go see Bridesmaids.  The movie was really funny, and we considered it the female version of The Hangover.  

After dinner we got a fancied up and headed to The Lake Watch Inn for drinks and desserts.  The pictures I took on my phone do not do the place justice.  It was basically just a barn, with a dance floor and table on the bottom floor then the second floor was like a balcony, overlooking the dance floor.  We all decided that it would be a great place to have a wedding reception at and were trying to think of how else we could utilize this space in the future.  The lighting was fantastic, the ceiling had lights that alternated, kinda making it look like a starry night sky, there was a disco ball and these big globe ish looking balls/lights that totally just added to the decor.  The one man band was also fantastic.  We stood up on the balcony for quite some time just watching people dance and watching this man perform.  Such a beautiful, classy and elegant event.  We felt so grown up and sophisticated going to an event like this all dressed up.  It was great!

We came back, got in sweat pants and I hung out with my roommates Mel and Meg and just relaxed for the evening and watched some tv.  It was a nice little break from the drinking and crazyness... or so I thought.
Eat @ Waffle Frolic 
Gluten free waffle with chocolate chips and fresh strawberries.  Delish.
Looking down @ the crowd
One man (amazing) band.
Key and I @ the Lake Watch Inn

No comments:

Post a Comment